So, I went in to see the midwives early due to pain issues (instead of my 6 week postpartum check, Benjamin will be 5 weeks this Thursday...) and it's a good thing that I did. I saw them this morning and unfortunately it was bad news.
As I suspected I have not been healing properly and the midwife told me I needed to "lay on my side" in order for the tear to stay closed and heal.
(I'm keeping this as simple as possible so feel free to call or email me if you have questions) but basically for the rest of the week and the weekend I am on bedrest.
As you can imagine this poses a problem seeing as I have two other children to care for... but once again my sweet husband and my AMAZING parents are stepping in and doing the best they can, and we're hiring a babysitter for some coverage as well.
I'm depressed and it's definitely not how I intended to spend my Holy Week or Easter but, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm going to attempt to make the most of this "rest" time I guess... it'll probably be the most rest I get for the next couple years. ha ha
I'd greatly appreciate your prayers for a speedy recovery!
Life is never dull! :)
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa :( Life certainly is never dull! But Lord knows you could probably use the rest, and it will probably be a blessing in disguise for you in the long run. Our prayers are with you!
Post a Comment