Lydia Marie is 6 months old today! (I know, where in the heck did that time go!?!?) She had her well-baby check up today, and she's doing wonderful, as we fully expected. We were actually just at the office last week for an issue we were having which turned out to be excema (sp?) and she got a special cream and is now just fine. She is in the 97% PERCENTILE (!) for both height and weight, she weighs 19 lbs 6 oz and is 27 1/2 inches long! Growing like crazy!!! I was only (slightly) concerned that she can't sit up yet by herself, which I'm pretty sure Josiah was doing by now at this age... and the doctor said with what else I was telling her (that Lydia rolls from front to back- and from back to front- and will try to grab toys and roll over to them...) that she thinks she's just not focused on that right now. The pediatrician explained, "it's sounds like to me that her focus is on mobility right now, so why would she want to sit up straight in one place?" which is a very good point! Lydia LOVES to be in her jumper seat, bouncing and moving, but if she's not in there she'd rather be laying on the floor and rolling around. I intend to keep practicing the sitting skill with her, but I'm sure she'll get it down soon. She can sit by herself only very very briefly, before she topples over and rolls to the next thing! But she also sits herself up if I try to put her in a bouncy seat that reclines back. The doc also said she wouldn't be suprised if she starts pulling up and cruising around by her next visit- 9 months. YIKES!!!! (Of course, we may be seeing a new pediatrician by then... *sad sigh* But we'll see- I'm so sad to have to leave this office, they are THE BEST!)
She (pediatrician) also was watching Josiah and said, "So,... does he occupy himself?" and I said, "yes, as you can see..." (he was quietly reading a book) and she said, "Yeah... well... (looking back at Lydia) I don't think she's going to be like that" ha ha ha. And boy is she right... I told her she's on to something there- the past couple days, I've realized she has really become a social butterfly. She HAS to have someone talking with her and playing with her and toys are okay- but better if someone is playing WITH her with them... if it weren't for her big brother (YAY!) I'd be going CRAZY! Like today she was in the jumper and Josiah was jumping with her and she was happy and bubbly, and then he walked away and she immediately cried! And then he hears her and goes, "oh... Lyddie bug! Lyddie bug! It's okay I'm here!" and hops around the corner, and she's all smiles again! It's too funny. So it's a great thing that she has another companion, because otherwise I'd never have a free second what with her needing to be entertained all the time! Josiah was so opposite, he sat up at 5 months I think, and still at 7 and 8 months would just SIT there... toys all around him... but not reach for one. Just sit there... happy as can be just in his little spot. I remember once I put him on a big blanket, right in the center... and put all his toys all over the edges of the blanket, out of his reach. I was trying to encourage some movement, some reaching and getting on his tummy and rolling/scooting/crawling- whatever! But he looked around at his toys, tried but realized they were out of reach, looked frustrated for half a second, and then ... just gave up and started playing with his feet and toes! ha ha! Lydia ... oh boy, she's going to be my INTO-EVERYTHING child I can tell!
Today she also drank breastmilk from a sippy cup! (see pictures) You should've seen the surprised look on her face when she sucked on a cup and out came milk! It was too cute. I called Daddy to tell him that she was drinking out of a cup and he almost flipped... "whhaaa?????" ha ha ha. I told him..."Growing up right in front of our eyes, I know." I'm not sure he's so happy that his little baby girl is growing up so quick!
Hope you are all doing great- God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment