Hello Friends and Family!
Well, we've been getting hit pretty hard lately, so we'd like to request your prayers. Michael stayed home and worked from home today because he was feeling so sick (and his boss said, "stay home!") and he is still working because he didn't get much done.... (further explanation for that below...) But he did get to the doctor at 2pm and she was able to prescribe him some medicine so hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.
Despite him being one of the sickest of us all, he rose to the challenge today and took care of me and the kids when I was struck with a really bad pain crisis- I got a migraine like I haven't had in... well, I can't remember how long. Maybe at least a year. (It probably had a lot to do with the fact that I am already sick with a cold too and didn't get ANY sleep last night thanks to our toddler who awoke saying, "I'm not sleepy!" ugh!) Anyway, I kept taking medicine I had all day and tried to nap but it just got worse, it was so scary. I told Michael we might have to go to the hospital if the pain got any worse. My head felt like it was going to explode and I was just in tears with pain... but I asked him to call my neurologist, and she suggested another pain medication I had coupled with motrin, ... which, PRAISE GOD! finally gave me a little relief after I fell asleep for a bit. Needless to say, I'm really weak now and feel kinda "drugged up", but am so thankful to God for the relief from that pain. I think not having experienced it in so long (or one that bad at least) made me forget what it's like.... although I hope it's another year before I go through that again!
Anyway, Michael is my hero :) Of course, he always is. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving husband. He really had to put some (important) work on hold today for us today, and I felt bad, but he always reminds me that we are more important than that and it'll just have to wait. I love him so much!
Also a big hug and thank you to my wonderful Daddy, who came over tonight after Mass and helped take care of Josiah until he was ready for bed. Thank God for my wonderful parents who are always there for us! And Josiah was so happy to play with Grandpa, it made his day "all better"! (Poor kid had been watching movies all day because we were so sick and had our hands full!) So THANK YOU again Dad, you are wonderful.
Please pray that the Walk family will continue healing and recooperate SOON! And that Josiah and Lydia will sleep well for us so we can all get some much needed rest. Thank you all for your love and support.
Wishing you all health this season!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment