Friday, December 19, 2008

First Tooth!

It's unbelievable... but Lydia is cutting her first tooth. I saw it on the bottom as she was crying last night, she had a crying spell and was fussier than usual. I could hardly believe it! When we finally thought of giving her a warm bath to calm her down (it worked, she LOVES the bath, would stay in it constantly if she could!) I checked again and looked more closely, and sure enough- there it is. (I used the teeniest bit of orajel on it just in case it was hurting her.) Josiah was late getting teeth, he was 9 months when he got his FIRST tooth, and then didn't get any more until a yr old. But still, the average age to get a first tooth is 7 1/2 months I believe, so 3 1/2 months!? That's EARLY! .... Ooooh I'm kinda scared to breastfeed her... hopefully she'll realize the tooth is not needed for nursing. The poor kid is so little she can't quite hold a teether long enough to chew on it either... so she's just constantly chewing on her fists! She's so cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, My Mom told me I was 3 weeks old when I started cutting teeth. So I definitely believe she's getting teeth already. ;) Good luck!