Friday, November 7, 2008

Update on our Lyddie-Bug





Well, little Lydia is growing up quick- her 2 month check up was this morning. She is doing great!! She weighs 12 lbs 13 oz (WOW!) and is growing like a weed... (a really cute weed with a flower on top!) She's 24 inches, which is the 96th percentile for height for her age group- uh oh... here comes another tall one. Josiah and Lydia are going to be taller than both their parents by the time they are 14 I think... we'll see. The doctor said with the way she's growing she may be getting 6,8, or 10 oz sometimes! That was amazing to me. I'm glad she's doing so well nursing though, it's her favorite place to be that's for sure. She gave a big smile to our pediatrician and he said that she's beautiful and absolutely perfect. (I totally agree...) He also said more than once that I am a great Mom and am doing a great job with them both... which is really nice to hear. (Most days I don't doubt that- but sometimes I do, and I think it's no small task to raise disciples for Christ in this day and age!) I'm used to him saying that, but still, I think there's a reason I love going to see that doctor and it's not just because he's so great with the kids, it's because he's so caring with the parents as well. After examining Josiah/Lydia he always says, "And how are YOU doing? Are you doing okay managing the two now?" I told him it's hectic but fun!
His veggietales ties are also pretty great :)

The only TERRIBLE part of our appointment was her shots. UGH! She had to get THREE shots, 2 in one leg, one in the other, and then had to take an oral immunization as well! It was so hard and sad to see her get those shots. Josiah used to cry for literally a second and then not care at all- Lydia just SCREAMED the WORST most terrifying "I-can't-believe you-did-that-to-me-OUCH-that-really-hurts-how-could-you-mom!?" kind of scream I've EVER heard. It was so awful that I cried. Seriously, I'm not kidding, I cried. You should've seen her poor little face! She was beyond terrified. It was so sad. Luckily... I have magic milk that cures all ills.... so the horror that felt like an hour didn't last but a few minutes in reality.

On the upside, Lydia is growing up so fast that she's taking longer breaks in between needing to nurse and will play happily when she's awake, so I have more time with Josiah and to get things done around the house. (Josiah's not quite as whiny and fussy when I can be sure to make some one-on-one play time with him...) but he's pretty whiny these days. It's taking all my prayer life to manage the patience I need on a day-to-day basis! He's a wonderful boy, I just have to remind myself to be very patient and try to talk things out with him. After all, he's a good talker. The nurse at the doctor's office said, "Mrs. Walk, I just want to take him home, he's so sweet!" haha.

Lydia is smiling more (every day and all the time she's awake she smiles at me now!) and she giggles a little, but mostly for Daddy! (I don't blame her, he's pretty funny when he makes baby noises at her!)

She's sleeping great at night, and most nights gives us a good 5 hour (or so) stretch which is such a blessing. I think God knows I need my sleep in order to handle them both all day :)

Well, I'll keep you posted on how she continues to grow. Our baby girl has already changed our hearts forever and brightened our lives to a whole other level, I didn't know you could love this much. It makes sense to me why anyone would have 10 kids, when I think about how much I LOVE our two!

No comments: