So at the last minute this year, (very last minute, we're talking, 3 in the afternoon!) we decided it'd be fun to take Josiah to a few houses to trick-or-treat. WELL... to do that requires a costume, now doesn't it? SO Josiah and I rushed up the street to KMart and bought a blue dinosaur costume (I picked up the green... he said, "No! I want the blue one!" haha) and I must say, the benefit to waiting that long and not taking it too seriously is that everything is 50% off on Halloween day! haha. He also needed something to hold all his loot, so I was showing him the orange pumpkins and green buckets when he said, "I want the purple one!" haha. So, this explains why you see his purple pumpkin bucket(although it looks blue) in the pictures....
Daddy was taking him around to a few houses so he decided he needed a costume as well... he found his old graduation attire in his closet, so he thought it'd be funny to go as something he's NOT... a bachelor's student. Ha.... Ha... Ha. (Yeah, he's too funny, that one,.. reaaaaallly funny). :o) He was cute though! It made me proud of him all over again.
Lydia and I stayed home to hand out candy to the kids coming to our house. She was dressed in a jackolantern onsie, (...sorry, I didn't get a picture of that!) I'll take one another day I put it on her. But possibly the cutest moment of the evening was when I saw a group of kids running across our front lawn towards the front door, so I stood up (and of course was holding Lydia in one arm) and held the door open with the other arm to greet them, and a little boy shouted, "Look Mom! They're giving out babies!" hahahaha! Nice try kiddo... but she's a treat we're keeping!
Josiah eating a strawberry rice krispie treat from his candy bucket!
No comments:
Post a Comment