Daddy has affectionately nicknamed baby number three "Three-Bee" (3B? Three-B?) so I think if it's a girl I'll have to add some cute little bee's on the wall to Lydia's ladybugs :)
Anyway, HE or SHE is doing wonderfully! We had our first sonogram on Wednesday morning and WOW I wished we could have stayed there longer! Usually the early sonogram is done between 8-10 wks. Josiah was 8 wks when we first saw him, and honestly didn't get to see much. We were still amazed at seeing our child in there of course, but the blurry little figure didn't give us much to see! Lydia we saw even earlier due to the miscarriage in between... so it was hard to see much of anything (but a nice steady heartbeat!) at 6-7 wks along. THIS BABY however, was convienantly scheduled as early as I could get in which happened to be 11 wks 2 days along. WHAT A DIFFERENCE a few weeks makes! We could see our entire little baby, arms, legs, head, belly, and butt... all there like a perfect little baby picture- just REALLY tiny! Of course we couldn't make out a face this early or a gender, etc but WOW it was so cool to really "see" this baby so well - so early! He/She (let's just use "he" for now...) was kicking his legs like he was riding a bicycle, and then waving his arm as if trying to wave "HI" or suck his thumb! Our sonographer said, "wow look at that little arm go!" :) It was so neat to "meet" our little one and has just made us all the more excited for this new life!
I have a few little blurry pictures of him/her, which really don't do our sonogram justice since we got to see so much more of him/her moving than the printed picture suggets, but if I get the chance I'll scan them and share them.
I guess our next sonogram will be around 20 weeks, the really great one when you can see everything! I think we are planning to let this baby be a "surprise" so you'll just have to wait til Valentine's Day to know if it's a boy or girl for sure... but stay tuned for any more baby news we may have we'll share :) Everyone seems to think it's a boy so far. We'll see! Thanks for your love and prayers!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment