I still remember being pregnant with him. Finding out just two months after our wedding, that our first child was on the way! Miserable from pregnancy, I will not lie, (a long story for another day) but overjoyed at the thought that the love between Michael and I had created new life.
I remember the hiccups he had in the womb, constant towards the end, and I remember how he was SO wiggly and just NEVER stopped moving. His nickname was "little wiggly" since we didn't know if he was a boy or a girl.
I became a mother. Michael became a father. We kissed and hugged and snuggled him like crazy.
Fast forward another quick 9 months and Josiah is talking, saying his first word "book!" yes, he started talking at nine months. We read so many books, and we still do.
At age one he loved animals, puzzles and cars.
At age two he loved books, trains, the sandbox and cars.
At age three he loved LEGOS, his little sister, and cars.
At age four... he loves coloring, drawing, LEGOS, his little sister and baby brother, and cars.
Anyone see a pattern? ;)
His thoughts have become so complex. His mind and soul are growing before our very eyes and it's just incredible to watch this little KINGLY boy become who God intended him to be. We are so very proud of him.
Short example of his character: Today, Lydia was playing in the grass by the sidewalk and she started to step out into the road. Josiah promptly grabbed her and said, "No Lydia, we can't go into the road." He takes his job as a big brother and protector seriously, and he sees Lydia as "his present from God." (We told him he was doing such a good job that God gave him another present, Benjamin!)
He also still really likes to be silly. I really hope he doesn't grow out of this too soon!! :)
He loves sticks and all things pointy....he's drawn to them like a magnet. (AKA- He loves to make his mother very nervous.) He LOVES to use the letters and reading he has learned to make up funny words and spell things that aren't really words, just because that's REALLY funny! At least it is to him. He knows how to tell two jokes and loves to tell them.
I really could go on and on describing the joy that is Josiah. He lights up our lives every day, and is a tremendous help already with his younger siblings. He makes us so proud and we love watching him grow and learn.
Josiah, I love watching you go through every step in life and learning how to be a Mommy alongside of you. You mean the world to me. You are SO much fun and I can't imagine my life without you!
We love you so much, and always will!
Happy 4th Birthday Josiah!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
(and "Lyddie Bug" and "Benny Boo" - your biggest fans!)
No comments:
Post a Comment