Monday, October 19, 2009

Totally on top of things... Christmas in October

So I am just so anxious to be on top of things lately... I think it's because I know that about mid-December on I'll be completely USELESS :) But- I really wanted to get the kids Christmas pictures taken... however Daddy does not like how expensive they are. I agree with him... but do love professional portraits. So anyway I told him we could at least set up our own little "portrait session" and try to get some pictures of the kids and ourselves that we could use for a holiday card. And that if they came out terrible- off to the studio we go :) Well... it was basically a disaster, how can you make two kids look up and smile at the same time? Ironically- I've done this before but apparently THIS was the time they chose to give us complete chaos. They'd both gotten up from naps and had a snack and everything- but hey, I guess they got the memo that we were trying to take cute pictures so DON'T cooperate! :)

I am not going to let you see a couple of our best shots of the kids here- because well- we ordered Christmas cards so you'll probably be getting one of those in the mail! But... here's a sneak peek.

I didn't use any of these for the card so you'll only be able to enjoy them here. There were a couple cute shots of us with the kids (Michael and Josiah, me and Lydia... etc) but we decided to use just the kids on the card because the layouts were giving us such a hard time when we tried to combine several photos. I'm also including some of the (HILARIOUS) "outtakes" to show you the choas involved!!

Merry Christmas in October!



















No comments: