Thursday, October 22, 2009

Epic Fall of 2009

So tonight Daddy was going out with Uncle Ken for some guy time before the big day this weekend... very cool- fun fun!
So since it was Mommy home with kids time I decided we should order a pizza and Josiah said, "Let's have a movie night!!" When I said YES, he was thrilled!

Scene forward- we're sitting downstairs watching Disney's AristoCats and eating pizza... Lydia's cruisin' around the table happily eating her pizza pieces but at my lap currently trying to eat mine. I tell her "no, eat yours!" and point to the table where she turns to them... just as I think, "I'm going to pull that table closer to me so she can cruise safely to it... " she THOUGHT..."I'm going to try to take two steps by myself to that table" and BAM- that was that... the most EPIC crash I've seen yet. The poor girl... she is just starting to gain some confidence in walking and I'd noticed all afternoon she was trying, in fact just before this I'm pretty sure she took two steps by herself from the table to the couch to me! Anyway so she has her hand out to catch herself- but her little hand and arm go JUST UNDER the table's edge and WHACK --- she catches ALL her weight on her eye... just above her right eye, under her eyebrow, huge gash. I'm rushing to stop the (sudden and large amounts) of bleeding and her hero big-brother was helping me the next 20 minutes grabbing her juice cup... her paci.. her blankie... he was awesome. As usual :) I promised him a big bowl of ice cream as soon as "Grandma arrived"... poor Daddy never gets a night out, and I couldn't get a hold of him since he was out at a loud place with the guys. I DID get a hold of Uncle Ken, thank goodness and then told Michael we might be going for stitches really soon.

Scene forward... (Nurse) Grandma determines... it's a "toss up" but most likely if I did take her in I think they'd glue it instead of stitches because it's just not that deep... and we decided to bandage it up ourselves. I do agree, I think it'll heal okay by itself I'm just concerned on keeping it covered so it has time to heal and her pain with it all- and not picking off the bandages, etc...

Anyway she is sound asleep... doing fine... motrin and bandaids and bowl of ice cream later, she doesn't seem to care unless we are messing with it. The good news is she hasn't picked at the bandage (yet) but I'm betting it's due to the pain there.

Let's just say our little angel girl is going to look like Rocky Balboa for the next week or so... definitely a huge gash and a black eye.

Guess what Mom feels like the worst ever!?? :( I know it was "an accident" but UUUGHHH I was just ONE second behind her in thought and WHAM- that's that. It just happened SO fast! I hate when babies get hurt!!

Please please pray for Lydia's speedy recovery and for her pain during this process as well... she's bound to be miserable tomorrow :( I think we made the right choice not to take her to the hospital and put her through all that... but oh my this is one very BIG boo boo :( Please pray for her!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Lisa, if you feel like a bad mom just remember you have nothing on me!! Lilly has has a staple in the back or her head and now she has a very ugly black eye....and that is just a couple of her major accidents in her short 2 years!