As I told my Dad recently, sometimes I feel like I could I write a book about the hilarious adventures of a stay-at-home Mom with young children.
As usual I'm keeping the family on their toes (hey, someone needs to keep life exciting, right?) with my current health issues. I needed to go to the lab to get some blood drawn and all that jazz... and all the ones around us close at 4pm. Well, Hubby doesn't even get OFF work until 4:30. He said he could "come home early" one day, but I thought, why miss work for that? It doesn't even take that long... I'll just go.
I packed my things and took the kids to the lab this morning. I figured... hopefully there won't be a line, worst case if it takes too long I'll go home. So I get there-- totally empty. Thing 1 and 2 are happy and being good, flipping through family magazines while I give the lady my information (the little curious George monkey-baby boy is happily strapped to my back not going anywhere!) She gets all she needs and then she says, "I'm going to have to call the lab... your doctor's handwriting leaves much to be desired."
So we sit and I try to keep the kids busy while she goes about her search. She calls the lab and gets several tests that were ordered cleared up, but says even they couldn't determine what 2 of them were. So then she calls my referring doctor, and gets--of course-- a message saying they are "on the phone or busy" and to leave a message. So she leaves a message to have them call her asap so she can figure out what tests they are requesting.
I take the kids out for a walk around the sidewalks for 10 minutes and check back in... she says she still hasn't heard anything. So I thank her for her time, tell her I'll come back another day and take my kids and the order and go home.
Good times. Hopefully the next time I go I'll at least be able to get the tests done.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment